Argo Tractors means advanced technology and respect for the environment
Argo Tractors S.p.A. has created the “Clash Oil” project, which has obtained important acknowledgement from the European Commission as well as the financial aid established by the Life+ Program.
“Clash Oil” Project
Thanks to the “Clash Oil” project, Argo Tractors S.p.A. will build a pilot line able to demonstrate how environmentally friendly lubricants can be used instead of the synthetic lubricants now employed for engine and transmission pre-treatments.
(*) Life+ is the financial instrument for the environment that contributes towards the implementation and development of EU environmental policy and legislation. The main aim of the Program is to provide specific support in Europe to measures and projects with added value for the EU that implement, upgrade and develop EU environmental policy and laws. For more details: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/life/funding/lifeplus.htm
The results expected from the development and completion of the “Clash Oil” project are of double importance:
Advantages for the environment
- the synthetic oils will be completely replaced by 70-100% degradable bio-lubricants (approx. 4000 litres/year).
- less CO2 produced (1150-670 kg/Mg less lubricant)
- reduced gas emissions (-20%).
- lower oil consumption (60 litres less per transmission).
- use of renewable sources for the production of bio-lubricants.
- less pollution and safer oils.
- protection of the soil and water from accidental spills and leaks.
- efficient operation
- longer lubricant life (+20%)
- improved protection against corrosion during storage
- the right viscosity values during flushing
- energy recovered from the transmissions as they are flushed
- less lubricant lost